Monday, April 12, 2010

My Heart To Your Table

Good Morning You 8 Lovely Followers :))

I know there are more of you out there, so please come and join us :)

The books are being printed as we speak, and every time the UPS driver pulls up I'm running to the door. Talk about the UPS driver, let me tell you this story.

It's 7 pm on Christmas Eve, we had just sat down to dinner and the door bell rings. It's the UPS driver with a package for me. The table was filled from one end to the other with all the usual Italian dishes. The family was all talking and wishing him a happy holiday. So I asked him to join us for dinner (there's always room for 1 more) he said he couldn't, but thank you very much he said. I said well then can I at least make you a plate to take with you, he was thrilled . So I get a holiday dish and fill it with some of our goodies and a soda. He thanks us and leaves with the whole family screaming holiday wishes to him.

Now the book was released once before, but before they printed and delivered to me we found a few errors. And knowingly I couldn't sell the book to anyone now, so I tried to stop the printing to no avail. The books are delivered and who is the UPS driver, but this nice fella that came on Christmas Eve. He had several boxes and he carried them all into the house. It was written on the box BOOKS and he questioned me about it. I told him the whole story and he said well would you sell me one of these books. I said no because I didn't want to sell any until I made the revisions. He said ok I won't forget you, I'll be back and buy a good one.

He has delivered to the house several times since and always greets me with, did the book come yet. He said he even ask the other drivers if they have delivered anything here.

I think this is such a heartwarming story, that this man remembers how we treated him on Christmas Eve.

The moral of this story is.. The easiest way to be happy...is to make someone else happy.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment